Saturday, January 7, 2012

God in three persons

I was a Sunday School teacher for a number of years (see my post
about that on my very first blog- born to talk)

I absolutely loved being a Sunday School teacher.

Gave it up though - because I couldn't compete with three junior
high girls who insisted on talking at the same time I was
trying to teach.

One of my very favorite Sunday School lessons that I
loved to teach was about the Holy Trinity.

Drew diagrams and everything.

Of coure I can't do that here.

But I'll explain it to you like you were a three year old (see the movie
Philadelphia)


let's call it the holy trinity for dummies  : ]
~~~

Father/Son/Holy Spirit (i'm afraid of ghosts)


God is the Father/Creator

Jesus is the Son/Savior

God is the Holy Spriit


Now I think everyone knows who God is - even athiests.  And God is
considered our Father because we came from Him - He created us.

Jesus is God's Son - who was born to Save us.

The Holy Spirit is God within us.


But here is where it gets tricky folks.  You see God/Jesus/Holy Spirit
are all the same Person:   God

Symbolically speaking God sent Jesus (God) to save us from ourselves.
To make it easrier for us to understand God called himself Jesus.
And to make it even easier God calls it when He dwells within us
The Holy Spirit.

Myself - I never confuse Jesus with The Holy Spirit rather I always
think of God as The Holy Spirit - but that's just me.


Now here's the bottom line:

(see my post about how God is smart)


God could have said I am It.  I am the Father God, I am Jesus the Son
and Savior and I am the Holy Spirit. 

But that's three thoughts.

So He made it easy for us and made up that stuff about the Holy Trinity.






Besides - it gives us just one more thing to Obsess about.

1 comment:

  1. DeanO - Holy, Holy, Holy' is one of the Old Hymns
    that I also love. I put it in the 'God Hymns' category - like This is My Father's World.'

    But it is the 'Jesus Hymns' that really speak to me - and primarily the 'Cross Hymns' - my top two favorites being 'The Old Rugged Cross' and
    'Must Jesus Bear The Cross Alone?'


    thanks DeanO

    ReplyDelete