Monday, January 2, 2012

the ten commandments and/or Jesus' Two Great Commandments

I think we all know what the Ten Commandments are since they are
usually found on display outside of Courthouses.

And Jesus' Two Great Commandments:

Love God

Love Your Neighbor - as yourself.
~~~

The discussion I propose here is:


Can we replace the Ten Commandments with Jesus' Two Great Commandments?


I will start the discussion off tomorrow first thing.

Anyone reading this and wanting to start the discussion tonight may do so -
and I will check back later - and if there is any discussion I will respond.

However it's been a long day for stidh - so I will refrain from original
dicussion until tomorrow.

: ]

4 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure that your neighbor will want you "loving" his wife/husband while they're away at the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He probably won't want you loving G_d so much that you send him/her to go "be with G_d," either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I love my neighbors "stuff"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thersites - First:

    I have never loved anybody's husband while the wife was away at the office.

    I am married and have never cheated on my husband - except in my mind.

    And let me tell you that it is getting out of control right now.

    But I will also say this:


    I have never cheated on the person that I am cheating with in my mind - and I never will.

    becuase I am in love with that person forever - even if he is in love with her.
    ~~~

    The thing about loving your neighbor's stuff is that it can lead to envy and jealousy.

    Envy and jealousy are negative attributes and certainly unhealty for the mind - but it gets really bad when a person is so jealous and envious that they turn to stealing their neighbor's stuff - and that is breaking anogther of the Ten Commandments.

    ReplyDelete