Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Isaiah 41: 10

Fear thou not;

for I am with thee:

be not dismayed;

for I am thy God:

I will strengthen thee;

yea, I wil help thee:

yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand
of my righteousness.
~~~

I usually like to write on my Religion Blog about Scripture
from the Gospels - but tonight this was the best I could find.

I like Isaiah because many of the lyrics in Handel's Messiah are
taken from Isaiah:

~Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your Godl.

Speadk Ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that
the warfare is accomplished, that the iniquity is Pardoned...

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness.

Prepare ye the way of the Lord.


and this





Isaiah 40: 4

Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill made
low, the crooked straight and the rough places plain.


and this from


Isaiah  7: 14

Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son,
and shall call his name EMMANUEL.

God with us.


and Matthew 1: 23  also says

BEHOLD, A VIRGIN SAHLL BE WITH CHILD AND
SHALL BRING FORTHA SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL
HIS NAME EMMANUEL, which bing interpreted is, God with
us.

Matthew 2: 23

And He came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might
be fulled which was spoken by the  prophets, He sahll be called a
Nazarene.

Matthew 3: 16

And Jesus, when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the
water:  and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the
Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him:

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in
whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 4: 23

And Jesus wnet about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and
preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness
and all manner of disease among the people.

Matthew 5: 2

And He opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,


Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn:  for they sahll be comforted.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness:
for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful:  for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart:  for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake for
theirs is the Kingdom of  God.

Blessed are ye when men shall revile yo u, and persecuted you, and shall
say all manner of evil agaoinst you falsely, for my sake.


Matthew 5: 15

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlstick;
and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and
glorify your Father which is in heaven.


Ok.

I feel better now.


Any prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment