Tuesday, January 3, 2012

the sermon on the mount

The Sermon on the Mount.


It just doesn't get any better than that - does it folks.


I'm really not one that likes to listen to sermons  - but this
one is what you might say - one of the good ones.

Because I generally turn to the end of a book first - I did just that
while reviewing TSOTM.

And therein lies the best words of the whole thing:


For He taught them as One having authority - and not as the scribes.
~~~

Highlights of TSOTM:


~Blessed are the poor in Spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

~Blessed are those who have been Bullied - it gets better when you are an adult.

~Blessed are the Pure in Heart - for they shall see God.

~Ye are the Light of the World - so be all that you can be

~Let us all just be Kind to Each Other.

~Don't try to impress Others - but rather do One Random Act at a Time -
and keep it to yourself folks.

~Pray every night on your Knees - for your Father in Heaven likes this - and
anyway - what can it hurt.

~Seek ye first the Kingdom of God - and His Rightousness - and all these things
shall be added unto you.

~Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged - this one is very important.

~Ye shall know them by their Fruits - and they hate us for our Freedom.

~Everyone that saith Lord Lord (as long as this is not in a swearing mode) will
be allowed into the Kingdom of Heaven - God is Magnanimous folks.


and much much more



And I would like to add a few words of my own - straight from the demented
bipolar mind of stidh:


Nobody knows what is in another person's Heart except God - see - so no one go
around saying who is Saved and who isn't.

Everyone has a chance to be Saved - it's just a matter of God's perfect timing.

3 comments:

  1. DeanO - The Fruits of the Spirit.


    ~Love

    ~Joy

    ~Peace

    ~Longsuffering

    ~Kindness

    ~Goodness

    ~Faithfulness

    ~Gentleness

    ~Self-control


    Ye Shall Know Them By Their Fruits.
    ~~~

    That's why I don't have any picutures of Jesus
    in my house - or any kind thing that when you
    walk in you can say - She's a Christian or worse yet - She's a Beliver.

    Of course it's also because in the last 20 years I get so mad at God that I've destroyed all of that Stuff in a fit of rage.

    Why I've gone through so many Bibles.

    I've stomped on them, thrown them against the wall - even torn out the pages of my favorite
    Scripture and then waited for lightning to srike me.

    But do you know what -DeanO?

    God never got mad at me no matter what I did to the Bible.

    And finally I figured it out.

    It's not the book itself that is Holy - but the Words. That's why it's called the Word of God.

    In the movie - it was called the Book of Eli - and it took me a long time to figure that one out.

    See - Denzel Washington was blind so he had to memorize the entire Bible. He didn't really need to read the Words - even obsess over them - he just needed to know them - and when in the end he finally passed on those words to the people that were left - he died.

    Why - you might ask? Because the Truth had set him Free.
    ~~~

    I'd like to have more discussion on The Fruits of the Spirit - you know - take each word and talk about each one individually and then discuss how they interrelate.


    But I think that one at the end - self-control - I think God put that one in there for me.

    Cause I have a little problem with that. : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is the final beauty of it all.


    It is not in living - but in dying - that we are set Free.

    When we die - we are Born.


    That's when we are allowed to go back Home.


    To live Forever in The Fruits of the Spirits.



    and then we can be together forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Life is meant to be Cherished - so let's make the Best of It while we can.


    Life is Beautiful (although Tom Hanks should have gotten the Oscar for Saving Private Ryan - and not that skinny little Italian guy who walked over the back of the seats.

    Will those AA peoople ever get it right?

    Still - they do occasionally - with:

    ~ Crash

    ~best screenplay for Good Wlll Hunting and best supporting Actor Robin Williams


    and there are Others

    ReplyDelete